It is the sole responsibility of the student to withdraw from a course. If the student has been attending, then the student may withdraw from a course within the term prior to the 90% point of that course.
The 90% point will vary by class based on the start and end dates of the class. Drop dates, referred to Academic Calendar Deadlines in the Student Center, are unique for each class. These deadlines, including the 90 percent deadline to drop, are accessible via the myMadisonCollege Student Center. To determine the 90% point (date):
- Sign into your myMadisonCollege student account
- In the left-hand menu, choose "Class Schedule"
- Click on the desired class within your schedule and click "View Class Details"
- Under the "Class Actions" heading, click on "View Deadlines"
Academic Calendar Deadlines:
- Drop – Delete Record: If dropped on or before this date, this class will be deleted from your academic record and will not count towards financial aid/veterans benefits, academic progress or financial obligation to the College.
- Drop – Retain Record: If dropped on or before this date, this class will be retained on your academic record with a dropped status and no grade assigned. Prior to dropping, refer to Refund Policy and/or financial aid/veterans benefits requirements for consequences of dropping a class or classes.
- Drop with Penalty: If dropped on or before this date, this class will appear on your transcript and a status of “W” (withdrawn) will be assigned to the class. Prior to dropping, refer to Refund Policy and/or financial aid/veterans benefits requirements for consequences of dropping a class or classes.
- Last Date to Drop: You are not allowed to drop after this date. A final grade will be issued.
Please view all refund/reduction policy information by visiting the Refunds web page. If you have additional questions regarding these deadlines, contact Enrollment Services at (608) 246-6210.